Sunday, April 22, 2007

April 20, 2007

Well today started off fine. At 8:30 I had a CD. We learned Flammenkuche which was like a french pizza with onions and bacon and tasted a lot like a barbecue chicken pizza! We also learned a trout with a duxelle stuffing (mushroom and shallots) and a frozen plum parfait. The trout is what we are making and it tasted a little funky to me but I shrugged it off. During break I did nothing because we had class pictures at 12. So after pictures we came back to class and I sat in one of the front rows to prove something to my teacher. However in that class I started to feel sick...and I immediately blamed it on the trout! Anyway...we learned chocolates. Three kinds. Praline, Muscadine, and Rochers. I didn't try them because I felt very sick. I left class to take some meds at one point, none of which helped. After that class we made the chocolates...the Pralines and Muscadines. My chocolate didn't temper the first time so I had to do it twice, but chef said it was because the room was too hot, and I believe him. It was boiling in there! not good conditions for making chocolate. Anyway, I was feeling a bit better so I tried my chocolate. not bad, but I still didn't take them home. not to mention, they weren't very pretty!

After class, Kaili, Trephene and I rushed backed to my house like mad people and showered and dressed and Lauren came over with Champage cause tonite was our class dinner. In an a little over an hr the 3 of us got dressed at my place for the dinner. We got on the metro and made it ontime to the restaurant called La Passiflore. It wasn't the best but it wasn't bad. It was michelin starred. So we were all expecting better. But once again I wasn't feeling well. I managed to eat a bit, but not what I could have if i felt well. Anyway...after dinner I came home with Trephene and Oscar so she could pick up her stuff. Then I went to bed at around 12:45. And yes...it's true...i did not take ANY pictures and i think i avoided the camera the ENTIRE nite. sorry.

No comments: