Thursday, April 26, 2007

April 26, 2007

Today I had my long day. Well for the week. At 8:30 we made the coq...ooops, I mean Rooster. Eh...the joke is LONG gone. Not funny anymore. Anyway...I worked my hardest to get in and get out. Worked well...we were done by 10:15 :) My sauce, which was thickened by blood, was a bit vinegary but chef showed me how to fix it with a bit of salt and pepper and heating it up. It worked and tasted better. Then you can see on my plate that my crouton (kinda hard to see) with the onions on top and wrapped in bacon is in the letter of a P for my restaurant Chez Penny (all in my head!!! heehee) Chef loved it. However, not as much the down the table who wrote coq au vin on his plate in blood jus! whatever :) But the chef liked everything on my plate...so that's good!

Then we had a LONG break obviously because we were done so early so we went for coffee and it was perfect weather out because it was a bit cooler! So i just basked in the coolness! Then eventually i got up to get some juice and go back to class. Our 12:30 PD was in the bad room today so I was forced to sit in the last room because everyone got the good chairs! Anyway...we learned the Douceur Chocolat (Heavenly Chocolate). It was a very good cake. Oh and it's midterm time so we got our pastry midterm grades. Better than last term :) Then we had that practical to make the cake. It was so warm in the room that my chocolate tempered funky again! Maybe it's just me?! oh well...practice makes perfect is what the chef keeps telling me. Anyway...class was fine. nothing too exciting happened. Chef liked my cake. He said the decoration on the top was a bit much for him, but the three curves would have been enough. I thought so too...but i was bored! hahahah.


After class I walked home and bought groceries for my amazing salad i made for dinner. Came home and got my box my parents sent so I unpack technically and rearranged my winter/summer clothes! Then I sat on the computer doing some research for a while, about to do homework, read, then bed! hopefully it will be a cool nite!!!!

No comments: