Monday, April 23, 2007

April 23, 2007

So this is a great week at school. Easy and we get out early almost everyday! However we start at 8:30 every morn except fri...but I can't complain! Anyway...at 8:30 we made the trout dish which is the one I thought I got sick from! Once again...I can not filet a fish. Chef said to me when he looked at my fish "this is bad". I just laughed and said "i know". I am trying, but I can't get the hang of it. Plus he showed me a new way which I just don't like. Then my sauce today...it started off crappy but in the end he liked it a lot. Maybe because he helped me doctor it up. My carrots, which we learned to turn a new way, were not cooked enough...but then again...no ones were! So I didn't feel that bad. They like them mushy! it's gross! and personally i HATED the way I plated my dish. I'm even embarassed to post it. But oh well. You win some and lose some!

After class I went to get some juice because I felt that my blood sugar was a bit low and then I went to sit with the rest of the girls outside at the cafe. Then at 12:30 we had PD. We learned more chocolates, but dark ones this time. Truffles, Coffee filled chocolates (actually they are marzipan filled with coffee flavor), Orange peel choclates, and Mendiants (you know the ones with the almond, hazelnut, pistachio and orange peel-they are mini disks). Anyway, I left before tasting today because I'm not a fan of any of them and i tried the ones my roomie made last trimester so i knew what 2 of them tasted like and the other 2 I had had before and didn't feel the need to try them again. Most of you know I'm not a big chocoholic. So I got dressed and went to the gym. Trephene walked with me so that was nice. After the gym I came home and reheated my leftovers from last nite plus a salad. I'm about to go to some homework and then read a bit. It's so nice out I may go out on the porche again! Have a great nite :)

No comments: