Sunday, March 4, 2007

Joyeuses Purim!

Well yes...It was a day for the jew to come out of the closet ;) I woke up bright and early and left my house by 9 am to start my jewish festival! To start my jew day off right, I spent almost 5 euros on a my first cup of starbucks coffee! OOOh, but it was worth it ;) Try converting that to american money. What a rip off! I proceeded to walk to the Jewish Museum. Now for all of you jews out there reading this I am sure you will take a liking to this. The first sunday of every month all of the museums are supposed to be free. Well was ours?!?! NO! ofcourse not. Us stingy jews need every penny we can get...including me! So I paid my money, student fee ofcourse, and got my "free" listening guide in english and walked through. I spent almost two hours learning a lot of stuff I already know. However this museum was a blend of Judaism and Art which is unlike any other jewish museum I have ever been to. And who knew Chagall was Jewish...did you? So i did learn a few things! Then I started my city walk through Le Marais and my first major stop...you guessed it...one of Lenny Kravitz's favorite place in paris...L'As Du Falafel!

I had the BEST falafel i have EVER eaten in my ENTIRE life! It had so much in it I can't even remember! It was almost the size of my head...and only 4 euros at that! As I was standing in line 2 jewish guys, obviously, come up to me and ask if I'm jewish. I say yes, and they hand me a bag with a hamentashen, some purim candy, 2 pennies and a card explaining purim. He said, "today is purim" I said "I know". He said something in hebrew. I said thanx. And he went off screaming and dancing!


They were all dressed up. They were blowing off mini fireworks. Singing and dancing. It was great! I actually got a little teary eyed. I went into jewish bookstores, and jewish chatchky stores, and a few jewish bakeries including the one below.

I actually went to this one first and bought a bunch of stuff, then realizing i went to the wrong one. SO i went to the other one and bought some more stuff! I got apple strudel, challah, a fig thing, an apple thing, 2 kinds of cheesecake, a banana almond cake with chocolate on top, and a latke. Maybe something else also! I don't even remember! I kept walking on my tour! I eventually had to take a turn and all I saw were GAY MEN! it was like I was back home! If they only spoke english i could have made some friends!!! Anyway, I started to walk back and realized that the Ile St. Louis Island was on my way. (pictures below are before I got to the island)


On this island is the BEST ice cream place in Paris, Berthillion! So I HAD to stop ;) I had never had it before and everyone else had! So I tried coffee and caramel with sea salt! AMAZING! SO i had to take something to go. They said their newest flavor was Strawberry sorbet. SO i took it ;) I walked home and made a pitstop at Kaili's and Lauren was there also. This was at 3 pm. Mind you...I've been out walking since 9 am!!!!! It was nice to sit down! After I arrived I gave them the ice cream as my good Purim deed for the day and I shared my jewish goodies with them! They enjoyed them oh so much! I stayed there til around 5ish and then walked home. At 6 I started my studying! I worked like a mad woman til about 7:45. Took a pretty long break. Then studied more! And eventually am going to bed ;)

No comments: