Friday, March 9, 2007

March 8, 2007

I woke up this morning pumpped because it was my last real day of school! And it was a very good one at that! I started off making Duck a l'orange at 8:30, plus the parisian style gnocci. Class went very smoothly. I tried not to ask too many questions knowing my exam was the next day. All was good. I went quick, and clean and didn't mess up much. I did put a little too much grand marnier in my sauce...but it tasted good...so oh well! Chef said my duck was cooked perfectly, and everything was seasoned well. He said my plating was beautiful. I thought so too! haha. I tried to step it up a notch for my last class before Basic ended! So overall I had a very good last practical...and might i say it was very tasty!


Then during break i went to the daily monop to get a sandwich and brought back some goodies for our demos and the guy gave me a rose. Later I found out it was international woman's day! how cool :) Then at 12:30 we had a PD. Chef made a Bergamot, which is an orange flavoring, cake with a chocolate mousse. It was yummy. There was an orange crisp in it. Just so good. He kept passing around samples in class also! Great class. Then at the end of class they opened up champagne for us! how nice. So we toasted. It was great. Then at 3:30 we had our LAST CD and last class for the trimester. And they really kicked it into high gear!!!! Lauren also decided to come to class with us so it was much more fun!! We learned rack of lamb with an herb butter crust, potatoes au gratin, and baked alaska! All three amazing! Then THEY popped open champagne. Today was good eats, good drink, and GREAT company :) Then instead of the gym, Lauren and I walked to the 4th, which was a good hr walk if not longer and ate LOADS of falafel and hummus and lots of other goodies. I ate so much I don't even remember! Then on the way home we got gelato. Lauren had Mango and raspberry and I had biscotti and creme caramel. They make it into rose shapes so I took picture. I think it made it taste better!!!


I eventually got home and before I knew it, it was 10:30 and I had my 8 am practical exam the next morning! AHHHHH. So i went to bed at 11. Read on to find out what happened.....

No comments: