Wednesday, March 7, 2007

March 7, 2007

It was a lovely morning! I woke up and ate a very nice breakfast with plenty of time to cram some extra studying in! Then I walked to school and was also there with time to relax before my 10 am pastry exam. Same format as I explained for the cuisine one in the last blog. I finshed within 30 min. It was rather easy. I missed a few questions, but I didn't expect to get them ALL right ;) Then me and a few of my friends went to some brasserie for breakfast. I just had a cup of coffee to treat myself to my written finals being over. It was some GOOD coffee too. Flavored with chantilly cream on top! heehee. Then we came back to school and we had 12:30 PP. We made the Alhambra cake. We got to make two molds, one for the cake and one to take home plain. It was good plain and probably better for breakfast ;) Anyway, because I didn't imbibe enough yesterday...I imbibed the crap out of my cake! I did really well too...chef said so! However, today's pipping was bad! It's cause after I put my ganache in my pipping bag I put it on the marble and it got cold and hardened up! oh well. But we made chocolate roses today and I'm getting better. It doesn't look like a cartoon anymore...or so Kaili says! heehee. But i like my leaves better than my rose. Chef was impressed with my work in class today. So overall I did a good job.


Then after that class was a CD. Both Kaili and I left our recipes at home! So we borrowed Leo's who NEVER uses his recipes :) He usually sleeps! We learned good food today! Escargot in a pastry case with herb butter and wild mushrooms, pikeperch and herb sauce with ratatouille, and duck a l'orange with waffle chips! YUMMY!!!! i ate two escargot boats! haha. they were sooo good. I can't wait to make the duck tomorrow! Then after class I went to the gym and studied a little. Came home and was worthless. Showered, ate dinner, chatted online, sent emails about our exam, and am going to bed. Tomorrow is the last day of classes!!!! Then two more exams and I'm done with basic!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

penny, you are so talented! i love clicking on your pictures so they get really big and i can see everything in great detail. So, will you ever get to learn how to make sushi rolls? Its so my favorite food. Sometimes, i look at that sushi book you gave me and then i have to close it because i crave it so badly! i miss you girly...but i love your blog! xoxo
ellie