Tuesday, March 6, 2007

March 5, 2007

Ahh, what a monday. I woke up, went to PP at 8:30 and we made the Pistachio and Ganache roll. Not as easy as it looks. My chocolate got everywhere! And Chef was once again not very friendly. I don't know if this is confusing...but everytime I say chef...i don't mean the same chef. We ALWAYS have a different chef, I mean sometimes it's the same one...but I usually don't use their names to honor their privacy ;) (like i care!) Anyway, the pistachio genoise by itself is very tasty. Something I would probably make often. However when you put it with the ganache it's just too heavy. After I assembled my cake, in which I did very well with organizing today, I showed it to chef. He said my piping was gorgeous but the only thing I did wrong was I needed more imbibing syrup to soak my layers. I figured that because when I made it, I only soaked one side of each of them. So i know for next time. They are really into soaking the shit out of the sponges here! They want them SOGGY! Plus all of the syrup we make has liquor in it...so that's the other reason ;) It was a very messy cake and I'm glad it's over with...however it brought back memories of my family, cause I know my dad's side of the family LOVES pistachio and chocolate--so for family holidays that's what i'm making! beware family ;) love you


Then we went for coffee, still not drinking coffee. (yesterday was my first one since that last time I told you I wasn't drinking coffee) I sat and talked with my friends. We chatted about how we thought this test wasn't going to be too hard. I'm prolly over studying, but you know me and my 1) paranoia and 2) test anxiety. I'd rather be over prepared. Then we came back for a PD. We learned the Alhambra cake. MORE chocolate. It was primarily the EXACT same cake as the pistachio one, but instead of pistachio cake it was a hazelnut/chocolate cake. The layers were the same and everything. But it was SOOO chocolatey. It was a bit overpowering. After class was over I chatted with my friends for a few then headed to the gym. I studied really well when I was at the gym. Then I came home, showered, made myself a LOT of veggies for dinner (i was craving them) then talked online for WAY too long, studied, talked on the phone, studied, then went to bed.

No comments: