Sunday, February 18, 2007

Passy

Today I woke up at 10 and cleaned my room like a MAD woman!!! I need to do laundry though. Anyway...after putzing around on my computer for a few hours...at 1 pm I decided to brave the outdoors. I put on sweats so I could go to the gym when i was done, but the second I walked outside i KNEW i didn't need the gym today! WOAH! felt like 60 degrees and SUNNY! I was wearing a t-shirt, a sweatshirt, sweatpants and my winter coat! i had to take my sweatshirt off...it was so nice out. (sorry to u chi-peeps!) Anyway, I walked to the hairdresser that I wanted to make an appt at. He spoke english so I was VERY excited. So I made an appt. Then instead of the gym I did a city walk, which i brought with JUST incase i decided to do one. It was called Passy :) As I was walking I took these beautiful pictures of the Eiffel Tower, the fake statue of liberty and the Seine River.



Then I walked on my city walk and came to the Musee du Vin. It was great! It was a wine museum.

The best part was that, it originally costs 25 euros to get in, but because I am a student, it was only 7!!!! Bargain. I was walking through, and at the time i happened to be the only one in there, and it was dark (unlike the picture) and i turned to my right to see this man (as you can see in the picture) and i was scared shitless. I almost peed in my pants i was so scared. Then I realized it was fake. But it was so believable!

Then at the end of the tour they give you a free wine tasting! So because I am in wine class, I sat down and did all of my steps to tasting a glass of wine. I wrote it all down so I could bring it to class :) Then I left and continued my walk. I got very emotional cause I walked through this park with old people (which u can see my pictures of). I just thought it was beautiful. It really made me miss home though. So i got sappy :)


I continued to walk and the card said to go to this market and buy a bread called a fougasses. So i bought one with olives in it. Later I realized that it was like focacia bread, but not the exact same. Tasted good though! Then the card said to go to Chez Yannick, one of the best crepes makers in town and have a fermented apple cider. So i did just that! I had a banana and nutella crepe with whipped cream and ice cream and an apple cider. Just delicious.

I truely felt like rachel ray today on under 40 dollars a day! hahaha. Except i'm a better baker than her ;) Then i realized what time it was so I had to go home. I actually took the metro cause i was running late. I came home and realized I didn't have to address or phone number for my friend Sarah's house who was having Kaili and I over for dinner that night. So i texted everyone i knew. Well no one knew what to do. Long story short, i got the number, called her, got her address, and Kaili and i got there at 7:30. We had a GREAT dinner and dessert (thank you sarah!!!) and I went home at around 11:30 very satisfied! Went to bed exhausted!

No comments: