Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Feb 21, 2007

Well today I had 8:30 CD. We learned Langoustines with different spices and a side salad, salmon with a mousseline sauce, and beef stroganoff. However the stroganoff was not how you all think it was back home. I think of it with egg noodles in a white based sauce with ground beef. This was sirloin, in a red paprika sauce with rice. Interesting to say the least! Then I went for tea with Kaili and Katie very quickly cause we split ways since we got done early. I went to check my email and sat down and relaxed for a bit. Then at 12:30 we had CD and we made the stroganoff. In walks a FEMALE chef. Never seen her in my life. We were all so confused. She is helping out since one of the chefs left and a lot of them are on break right now. Anyway, she spoke PERFECT english, she is from australia and she was SO helpful. Her comments actually meant something! She said my brunoise for THIS specific dish was too small...but for any other dish would have been perfect. It's because they have to be the same size as the green bean since you can't control that size. She said my meat was cut too small, BUT they were all the same size, so that inturn equaled itself out so it wasn't a big deal. My sauce had great flavor, just enough paprika and the meat enfused itself very nicely. She liked the color and consitency as well. And the meat was cooked correctly also. Overall I did well today, even though I didn't like the dish much.

We got done early again...so I got to sit downstairs, have a coca light and relax for once. It was nice. Then at 3:30 we had a PP. We made the delicious Pear Charlotte. Very easy. We got out early of that too. But we had nice silent chef. He made our italian meringue so the whole thing didn't take too long! However, I didn't pay much attention in the demo so I made one thing incorrectly first that I had to redo. I was so out of it at first!!! Then I continued to work as my usual self. Chef said that it was beautiful. He didn't taste it or anything...but he thought it looked great! It was an easy class.

Then Kaili and I went to dinner at a Thai restaurant that we got the name of from a friend. It was really tasty and nice for a change to have some flavor instead of just salt ;) Then I walked home and am about to study a little for school. STUDY?!?! i know...but i have finals in two weeks and i wanna graduate! Have a good nite folks! Shoot me an email...I'd like to know what's going on in your life! love you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi this is your biggest supporter and i mean it, not only in size but in pocket book so now that you know who is responding to you. I just like to tell how happy i am for you that you have come to terms with your inner self about your image and who you are.I guess it comes natural for me i dont think as deeply as you about what the rest of the world thinks about me as long as im happy.I dont mean that in a selfish way, but you cant make anyone happy unless you are at peace with yourself.So this is a major step in your journey of life and i am very excited for you.With that being said still becareful with your eating enjoy but please keep it under control for your health.LOVE FOR EVER AND ALWAYS YOUR DAD