Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Feb 19, 2007

This is a weird week...so classes are at odd times for me! 8:30 we had PP and a good one at that! We made brioche! What a fun class ;) It was pretty calm and relaxed. My side of class got to butter the molds, while the other side made the pastry cream...i got pretty lucky! It was rather hard to put the dough in the mold though...my dough heads kept getting hidden! Oh well. Anyway, they came out pretty. My pains aux raisins had a little too much pastry cream, BUT it made it really moist and I think they taste better. Chef said they looked very nice. I was proud of myself. The big loaf was also a lot of fun to make and a LOT more fun to eat. Since there were six balls put into the pan, when you tear it apart, six pieces are there automatically. It's cool!

Then at 11 we had a LONG break, so I went home to drop off my stuff and eat a good lunch for once! Then I walked to Montparnasse to change over some american money which is such a joke! The exchange rate sucks...so i barely got any money back. Then I shopped a little, but didn't buy anything. I did pick up dinner for later cause I knew I had a a long night ahead of me. I went back to school for a 3:30 CD. We learned really bad tasting oysters, roasted duck, and orange souffle. The other two were ok. After class I ate my dinner with just enough time to relax for a few minutes before wine class. It was my second to last week of wine class. We learned a lot of technical stuff. Next week we are taking a test. Boo! Walked home, talked online, and went to bed.

No comments: