Saturday, January 20, 2007

Merde

Well today so far has been crappy! I woke up at 8:45 thinking I set my alarm for 9:45! And I had nightmares ALL night so i was tossing and turning all night and barely slept. Oh well. I was so excited cause today at 2pm was when the internet guy was coming. I got up and cleaned some stuff then realized I was still rather tired so I got back into bed until 10:30 and was planning on leaving the house at 11 to run errands. I woke up and France Telecom calls to say they will be there in 5 min and he doesnt speak english very well. Unfortunately/fortunately my roomate, who speaks better french than i, was home sick from school today so she could help out a little. So the guy comes over as well as the mail. Well my paperwork arrives about my longterm visa! My appt isn't til march and it's on an exam day!!!! I had a nightmare about that last nite also! Anyway...little upset, but I can't do anything about it til I get to school on monday. So the internet guy is trying to speak to us, neither of us proficient in french, and we are trying to explain to him that we don't have the key to the electrical box that he needs. Well my roomie runs downstairs to see if the "concierge" (landlady to us) is there, but she isn't so we can't get the key to open the door to get to the box. So the guy leaves. :( So, I put on clothes to go to France Telecom to set up another appt. In the meantime, a button from my redcoat pops off...i save it. I go to the store, with a piece of my gateau basque for Frederic the only guy there who speaks english, and he wasn't there! So this other guys helps me and it wasn't letting him into the system so he asked me to come back in an hr! So i had to run an errand anyway, so i gave the cake to him and I left. Meanwhile, andother one of my buttons falls off...i save it. So i go to BHV (the HUGE department store that has 6 floors of everything imaginable) but they ofcourse don't have what I need :) I get a few things and go back to France Telecom. And to my luck the next appt is...Jan 29th :( So once again I will be stealing internet for another 8 days...and hopefully my roomate can talk to the landlady to open that room before it happens! So i came home and the second i walked in...it started to downpour...luckily i got home cause i didn't have my umbrella! But i realized I forgot to buy thread to sew my buttons on! argh! Before i knew it, it was 5 pm, so I showered and put on clothes and went to Kaili's with some frambroise and bought a baguette. I arrived and she was making us some eggplant parmesan! It was so good. Then I had a frambroise and ate so many madelines and tried to fix her computer! no go! But she took a picture of me as I was saying "if i had a third hand, I'd put it down my pants!" pretty funny.

Then we left the house to meet up with our friends Melissa and Rick at a bar. We did some drinking then at 1:30 we all left cause the last Metro stops at 2! Well...I got on and took the 4 to the 10. At Odeon (where the 4 meets the 10) at 5 min to 2...the train stopped! So to my luck I had to walk home!!!! 45 min later and after having Kaili so nicely direct me home cause I was so confused with my map (and she made it home!!!) I was home in my bed :) at 3 am my time...and no clue what time it was in AZ, I called my parents to tell them what happend! they laughed. The sad part was that i was completely sober so it wasn't even funny! However, at another other age of my life, I probably would have been freaking out crying needing to call my mom or catch a taxi or something. But last nite, I was completely calm, relaxed and realized, I'm in France, alone and there is nothing I can do about it...so i may as well just walk home! It was so great and the night was beautiful! Overall I had a perfect nite! TRES BON!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

If I was close by I'd put MY hand down your pants. ;)