Thursday, January 18, 2007

Jan 18, 2007

Much better today! Good day actually! I woke up and then at 7 am my time, Sara, my bestest friend, called me and i got to talk to her for a while including my entire walk to school! It was a nice morning :) Thanx Foxy! Then at 8:30 we had PD. We learned Choux Paste...not my favorite stuff in the world. Best explaination for it is the stuff that eclairs or profiterales are made out of. The yellowy dough stuff. It's gross when not eaten with ice cream or pastry cream. Anyway...Chef made very traditional french pastries today called St. Honore and Paris Brest. I will be making St. Honore. The Paris Brest was Choux Paste, and a praline mousse. Pretty good...better than the St. Honore. Then at 11:30 I checked my email and relaxed. At 12:30 I had CP. A new Chef that we've never had before came into our class like 5 min late and he was kinda scary because he spoke NO english and was very demading! Anyway...we made Feuillete de poireaux et oeufs poches with sauce albufera. Which translated is a puff pastry with leeks, a poached egg and albufera sauce. SOOOO good. It was so hectic in that room today! I also made extra puff pastry which you can see in my picture! If you look all the way to the right at the top of that picture you can sort of see the music note i made :) Anyway...Chef only tasted the sauce, looked at the puff and said be on your merry way! Well...it was a first folks...my sauce was salted enough!!! yah! he said it was "tres bien" (very good) I liked it too...however it was very salty in my eyes. He said my puff "puffed" very well. It was fun to make, it looked good and it tasted even better!


Then at 3:30 I had a CD. We started the meat today. We learned Rump Roast with carmelized onions and carrots and Sirloin with Potato Puree (mashed!) Both very tasty! and it was the first time in maybe 3 months since I have eaten red meat! so yummy...but we shall see how my tummy reacts tomorrow! I came home at 7 and made/ate the same salad i did last nite along with my poached egg dish! Such a good dinner! Then i showered and now im doin some online chattin! Then read and bed! Good day ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG that looks so yummy!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

where's mine love you dad.