Sunday, January 14, 2007

Jan 13, 2007

So today I woke up at 8:30 which was very nice and today was the day that I sat at the cafe for a few hours and blogged. But I didn't blog about todays day. (confusing, but currently I'm sitting in the bathtub in my house where i get an ounce of internet connection writing this blog!!!) anyway, class started at 12:30. We made the french fake pizza. It has onions, garlic, tomatoes, anchovies, olives, and capers which was optional so i didnt put them on.

My dough was said to be perfect...I don't know if he meant texture wise, taste wise or cooked wise...but whatever it was I'll take it. Oh i forgot to mention today was the first cuisine class I was graded for. So this class on I will be graded! YAH! Anyway, my onions were also well cooked...plenty of salt he said, seasoned well. And as far as my design...he liked it ;) This is the chef I like...Chef Cotte. I'm on his good side. He is in charge of the Basic Pastry program so I tried to schmooze with him. I think it worked. He knows me as the girl from chicago. So it's fun! Anyway, class was a lot of fun with him. He always goes "Yee Haw". Don't know why...but it's funny! Then after class, I walked home, bought some Frambroise (my favorite raspberry beer which I've been looking for forever) and some fresh mozzarella cheese! I came home washed my whites (uniform!) even though it took me an hr to figure out my washer! And we don't have a drying machine here so I have to let my clothes sit out! it takes forever! Then I ate some of my fake pizza but I added cheese to it :) Then I showered and got pretty for the first time since being here and went to Kaili's and had a glass of cheap wine. Then we went to Juan's house with a bunch of other peeps. At 12:30 am I went home but everyone else was staying out til 5 because the metro closes at 12:30 and reopens at 5 am...and I'm not ready to do that yet. sorry :( But i had fun anyway! I like the people here a lot. However I feel old. Most of my friends I'm finding out are 18...but there is no drinking age so it's like they are my age anyway...and it doesn't matter! Went to bed at 1 am :)

No comments: