Monday, January 15, 2007

Jan 15, 2007

Today I didn't have school til 12:30...ahh so nice :) So I woke up at 8:30, showered put away my dried laundry and used my still working internet! Then at 10:30 i went to the post office to mail mom and dad a post card, then met Kaili for a coffee. Then at 12:30 we had a PP. We made Madelines and Fruit Cake. My Madelines were perfect. However when I tasted them, i definately put too much vanilla extract in them...but i liked them. Chef didn't taste them, he just judged by look. When we pipped them, I put just enough batter in the mold so that the little bump came out well.


My fruit cake looked ok. I didn't put rum on top because i think that's what i didn't like about it in class. I tried it at home...I liked it much better! Chef said that my decorations were too simple. But you all know me...if I did what i really wanted to do, it would have been TOO elaborate, so i tried to stay on the safe side and that obviously didn't work. Oh well! I had fun anyway. Then we had a CD where we learned Puff Pastry (stuff to make croissants and other fun stuff with!), quiche lorraine, and a wild mushroom quiche. For not liking bacon...that quiche lorraine was pretty tasty...but the wild mushroom one was out of this world! I wish we were making that one! I may have to attempt that at home this week :) Then i came home, and at some of my nasty pizza...which i threw the rest away. No more anchovies for me! And ate some Madelines. Been talking online for a while now. Going to go read and go to bed. Bonne Nuit

No comments: