Sunday, November 18, 2007

November 17, 2007

So this was the best day to end the week! We had to be at school at 8:30 today because today we were cooking! YAH! So i obviously wore my uniform :) I went to school a bit early to change and figure out what we were going to be doing but no one told me anything! In anycase, we were split into groups. One group had Chef Chalopin where they made the starter which consisted of foie gras wrapped in leeks with mussles.


And the other Chef Chantefort (my favorite) and i got to be in this group and we made the main dish which was Lamb wellington with the forgotten vegetables.


We did that during the morning. It was a lot of fun, however I mostly sat back and watched so I could let the other people in my group work. In anycase I had a blast working with new people! Then for lunch we got to eat what we made. VERY tasty!!! Then at 12:30 we had a demo with Chef Terrien discussing it

while chef chalopin and chef chantefort

took the same ingredients from what we used this morning and used them in a more modern technique. It was pretty amazing!


We finished around 2:30. We all then got certificates saying we have now completed a course at LCB. They clapped loud for me because I've been there forever! And Chef Chalopin put his hat on me. So we got a pretty cute picture of us. YAH!

Then I went back to the hotel, dropped off my stuff and went out shopping! I tried to buy some clothes for next week because it's said to be fancy for the dinners. Anyway...i didn't succeed very much. I got home at 6 pm and quickly got dressed. AT 7 pm I went to school because tonite was our big dinner with Herve This!!! We had appetizers at 7:30 and then dinner started around 8:30. It was a huge nite for school. Our chefs made a molecular dinner while we, the students, and Herve and his wife enjoyed it. It was SOOO cool! In any case, he is the NICEST man and talks FOREVER! He signed my book for me and took pictures with me!


These are the appetizers. (i'm not gonna go into detail. If you want to know what the food was. email me!)

Then we had dinner. We actually ate on the first floor demo room. It was set up so beautiful! Here is a picture.


These are pictures of dinner as well...and ofcourse, so proud of my chef Jean Francois...for his AMAZING dessert!!!!!!!!! Everything was so tasty and even the wine pairings were great! They also hired a Maitre D just for the occasion. Go LCB! The whole evening was just fantastic. Enjoy the slide show!

Dinner lasted forever, because like i said, Herve doesnt know how to stop talking. But he was amazing and he told me he'd email me about some things in chicago that he'd set me up with! he's GREAT! In anycase....after dinner I got very emotional becuase it was the last time I was at the school. I mean, OBVIOUSLY, i'll go back and visit...but that was my home for the past 11 months. So i started crying and saying goodbye to the chefs. it was very sad. I had the best time of my life there. So it was a great ending to a great year at LCB! I came home and went to bed at 12:30.

No comments: