Monday, November 19, 2007

November 18, 2007

Today was an easy day. I randomly woke up at 8 am even though my alarm was set for 9. It worked out better in the end. I packed and blogged and got all ready to go home. I left the hotel around 10. I get to my house and realize I left softee at the hotel. For those who know me...i was freaking out! I called the hotel and they said they'd call if they had it. Well they called and told me they couldn't find it. I had a tear in my eye and then said to myself...it's a start of a new life for me. Then they called back and said they had it...and I was like great I'll pick it up! heehee...i'm such a child :) Anyway...I packed, hung out with my new friend Liz, who is starting school at LCB on monday and is occupying my room while i'm not there and finished reading Kathleen Flinn's book "The Sharper Your Knife, The Less You Cry" GO GET IT! It's GREAT! In any case...I left the house around 2:30 to go back to the hotel to pick up softee and meet the rest of the group. The bus left around 3:10 to take us to champagne! I slept the entire bus ride...obviously. We arrived at 5:30ish. My room is on the second floor and it is GORGEOUS! We have bathrobes and SLIPPERS! SO COOL! We even have a bidet! haha...i won't be using that! Anyway...it's beautiful. All of the products they give us are scented with orange flower. I unpacked and got my computer hooked up. I sat on my computer checking emails and replying until dinner at 7:45. OMG!!!!!! dinner...well we are staying in a fancy schmancy chateau but dinner is a starred restaurant! Dinner was great...but dessert...OUTSTANDING! Ok...get this...I don't even think i can remember it all, but BEFORE dessert they bring us, mini eclairs, 2 types of chocolates, bubble gum marshmallow (with a scissors so we can cut it ourselves), cotton candy!, individual wrapped caramels and lollipops, some vanilla cookie thing, and i think there was more but i can't remember. THEN dessert comes. The main dessert was a pear and chocolate thing...but on the side was my FAVORITE! I described it as an upscale version of a reeses peanut butter cup. I BETTER get that recipe while I'm here. We get to go to the kitchen thurs nite, So i am going to ask. It was out of this world! At around 10 pm I got up and went to my room. It was a long day of traveling, but I can already tell this week is going to be GREAT!

No comments: