Saturday, November 24, 2007

November 24, 2007

Big day! I woke up at 5 am freaking out because I didn't know if I set my alarm or not. I did and went back to bed til 7 and then I woke up, got dressed, went to breakfast and crammed. Didn't help though! We went to school and from 9 to 10:30 we took our exam. However, I did SO bad that I finished in an hr and said...oh well...i still have my thesis that I can do well on! So that was that. It's over :) YAH! We then went back to the hotel and a few of us had a cup of coffee/tea together before we had to pack. I packed up and went downstairs for a group photo at 12. At 12:30 we had our LAST lunch at L'assiete Champenoise. It was bittersweet. It was very tasty! Today was had some sea urchin...I love it. The chef came in again. I asked him for the recipe and he gave it to me provided I would give him a kiss. I said yes...but I couldn't find him afterwards since he left the recipe for me at the reception! it's a shame! He was cute :) Then around 3ish we said our goodbyes. I was a mess. This program was so wonderful. The people, the connections, the learning experience, the being out of town...everything! I don't even know how to thank Edwige, the woman who was in charge. She's changed my life. I feel a little bit smarter knowing that I sat through two weeks of lectures and can actually say I enjoyed most of them. And she made me feel confident in the fact that i can write a thesis. Like I said...very bittersweet because I KNOW in my heart I will see these people again. They have a piece of me that I was delighted to share with them. And if they read this...I thank each of them individually for what they gave to me. At 4:15 me, Pauline, Pietro, June, and Susan took the train back to paris. At 5 pm when we arrived we split off on our seperate ways knowing it wasn't the last time to see each other. I went to manuel's house for the night for many reasons. We chatted for a while and then he went out for a bit and i blogged a little and fell asleep at 9:30 because I was exhausted and VERY sad.

No comments: