Saturday, November 24, 2007

November 23, 2007

Our last day. I woke up normal time and breakfast again and then at 9 am we had our last lecture by Christian Barrere

and Veronique Chossat who both spoke on "Economics of taste and gastronomy in the mass market age"

I probably would have really enjoyed this class, but I was so antsy to be done I didn't pay as much attention as I should have. However I did learn a lot from what I did listen to! Today after class we had lunch at a restaurant...although the food was horrible...it was nice to be outside of the school! Then at 2 pm we had the afternoon free til dinner! Well...David drove Maria and I to the beauty shop. Yes you heard correct. Maria and I got our hair done :) We looke beautiful. However my camera died so I don't have a picture of us :( Just of me taking one of myself at the end of the night so I look exhausted! Anyway...after that we walked the city a little. Came home around 4:30ish and I took a bath, and attempted to study! Hahaha. Before I knew it, I had to get dressed for my dinner which was to be at Les Crayeres...a VERY fancy and VERY well known restaurant in France! Famous for losing a star and hopefully gaining it back this year!

In anycase...we left at 7:15 for the restaurant. It was GORGEOUS, I felt great, and everything was wonderful.


The meal was a food and wine pairing under the auspices of Jacques Puisais.

He said something at the beginning of the meal which made me start to cry. He referred as eating to going to the theatre. He went into detail as far as each plate is a new act, the food and wine are the characters, and there are always expressions to be had and it's always enjoyeable. That's just a snipit of what he said...but it made me cry because I thought I was the only one who felt that way. To hear it from a professional made me so happy. It was a wonderful evening. I felt ontop of the world knowing that I was sitting there with my two passions in my hand. I got to sit at the head table tonite which was also a treat. Dinner was fantastic but I was so exhausted and i had WAY too much to drink! We arrived back at the hotel at 12 am! Whew!

No comments: