Thursday, October 4, 2007

October 4, 2007

I woke up this morning and got my work done! ok...well i procrastinated on packing, but I cleaned my room, and vacuumed, and then went to the post office. I then went to school for my last day of healthy cooking. Today was Healthy desserts...but they were DELICIOUS!!!! We learned 5 of them. 1) strawberries with a balsamic reduction and yogurt with spices 2) grilled pears with a vanilla caramel mousse 3)French toast with wine and coconut cream 4) duo of sauteed mango and pineapple with a yogurt and fromage blanc mix and 5) mini bananas with green peppercorns and caramel cream flan. That being said....and all so YUMMY...I made 3 of them in class. I made number 1 and 2 and then for my third I sorta made a twist on number 4. I played around a bit and tried to focus on plating cause the recipes were SO simple. I think i did an ok job with my plating. We started at 5:30 because we got done so early from the Demo. We also finished around 7:30. It was nice. We did a bunch of talking though because it was Dzintra's last day :( We had champagne and stuff too.



After class she drove me home and i said my goodbyes. I wont see her for atleast 3 weeks as she is off to the states! I then came home and packed, showered and got read for the DAM...AMSTERDAM!!! off to bed cause i can't wait for tomorrow :)

No comments: