Tuesday, October 2, 2007

October 1, 2007

HOLY MOLY...it's october! I can't believe it. Anyway, this week is healthy cooking. It's so funny because there are things like low fat butter and skim milk on the recipes. Who knew that would be in a french cooking school ;) I woke up and felt like death still. Can't breath. Not to mention my sleep was distrupted by loud people in the morning. Anyway, I layed around all morning trying to relax...but I couldn't breath...which means I couldn't sleep. Eventually I showered and went to school early. I had some appts and then some printing to do. At 3:30 we had healthy cooking and today's class was based on tapas. We learned 5 things. Vichyssoise with smoked haddock, Tuna made piperade style, Mackerel marinaded in a cider sauce, Potato cake with fennel and smoked salmon on top, and salmon wrapped in dried beef with a ginger sauce. All SUPER tasty...although i'm not one to say since my taste buds were still out of commission! But i ate a lot of it :) HEY...it was healthy cooking...i'm allowed!! heehee. So during class, it was just the 3 girls. We were supposed to do 3 recipes but i didnt like the mackerel so none of us did it. So we did the Vichyssoise and the potato cake. We worked together and finished around 8:30. I was so happy I just wanted to go home.


When I got home i drugged myself and for the life of me I COULD NOT BREATH! It took me an hr to fall asleep. I think i finally fell asleep around 10:30.

No comments: