Thursday, October 4, 2007

October 3, 2007

Fernando had to leave for work at 9, so i woke up with him and then went back to bed til 11. I woke up and still was exhausted but I had to get things done. I checked my email and Sarah had emailed asking to do lunch. I said ok. Well long story short, we were gonna meet at 1 at a certain metro. The metros out here have more than one exit...usually 4 or 5. So i waited at the one I knew for about 40 min. Eventually I left cause I didn't see her. Oh yah...AND i forgot my phone at home (but i figured it didn't matter cause she didn't have a cell phone!) so I go home and she left me a message saying she was at the restaurant (but didnt leave directions so I still wouldnt have known where to go) so i wrote her an email saying this prolly wasn't our week to get together since this happened to us sunday also! Oh well! Anyway, I come home, eat a quick bite and then leave for school. ALSO...I had 3 bathroom incidents today...why me? 1) I saw a little boy pull down his pants on the street and start peeing against a wall 2) I saw a mom changing a kid in the middle of a sidewalk 3) in the dressing room at school, someone was peeing with the door open! WHAT?!! crazy day! Anyway, in class today we learned meats. Quail piccata with pea cappuccino, rabbit stuffed a la grecque, Duck breast cooked en papillote, citrus jus and 3 vegetable flans, and THE BEST was veal with soy spiced sauce and avocado. That dish was SOOO amazing (i think the BEST i have EVER eaten at LCB) that when we got to practical we were supposed to make 3 dishes and I said to chef, sorry I'm making this one only and a LOT of it :) It was SOOOO good. So that's what I did. Chef also took a silly picture of me in class. I'll post that as well. We got done around 8ish today. Pretty easy. And we worked individually.


Dzintra drove me home and then I tried to fall asleep at 9:15 and before i knew it, it was 10:15 and i still hadn't fallen asleep. WHY can't i get better?!?! ARGH!

No comments: