Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Sucre Final!!!

So i woke up at 6 because I couldn't sleep. I dont know if it was the final, or the fact that I was going to see my parents soon! Anyway...I went to school early...cause I just wanted to finish this!!! I went into the room and it felt like a normal practical except for the fact that I my whole piece designed! So one thing went wrong right at the beginning. I tried a technique that didn't work so well so i had to make new sugar and try a different way, but it worked. I got held back for a little, but it wasn't horrible. Anyway, i kept going and when everyone took a break I was allowed to keep working because my parents were coming. Anyway...i got everything done that I wanted. But when I went to put it together I wound up not using all of my pieces. Which is fine, but it looked so small. Anyway...it was tilting a little forward, but nothing i couldn't correct.






As i finished...I was so excited because i knew my parents were downstairs. So before i cleaned up, I took a sugar rose and I ran downstairs and hugged my parents and gave it to my mom! I was soooo excited. I ran back up, cleaned up and came down and brought them upstairs to show them around and show them my sugar piece! they met my friends as well. I then went to change. We left and went back to my house for cheese and bread. At around 5 pm they left because they were exhausted. I worked on my graduation gifts. I finished them...but when they were done...they wouldn't burn onto the cd!!!! argh!!! So i didn't get them done :( At 10 pm I gave up because I was so exhausted and went to bed! But yah! My parents are in town :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

the finished product is awesome! You really did a great job, congratulations!!! Glad your parents made it there safely, enjoy your time with them!

Anonymous said...

Penny this is soooo cool! Andrew and I love it! Miss you so much and hope you are having a great time with your folks. Love ya! case

Anonymous said...

what do you mean no one reads your blogs i don't always read them as you write them but ive read every one that rose was so great luv aunt corrine