Thursday, August 30, 2007

GRADUATION!!!

Today was quite possibly one of the best days of my life. I didn't realize it til later...but it was my personal tony awards. It was a great feeling. This blog is my pleasure to write...but Im writing to share how I feel...and for one moment I am going to boast. SO i apologize to everyone who thinks I'm cocky or should quit bragging....BUT IM HAPPY! Anyway, in the morning i read my book for a while...GREAT new book. Then mom and dad came over around 12:30. I got dressed and beautiful and then we went to my graduation ceremony. A bit boring...but nothing I couldn't handle. I was graduating second to last out of EVERY student...but I was going to enjoy it. Hell...I can't believe I am here in paris getting my diploma in cuisine and pastry!!! Anyway, there was a girl missing to one of my sides and I didn't know which one. When they started to announce what I am about to tell you I sat right down because I thought they were talking about her. I was SHOCKED. Anyway...they were talking about me. I placed 2nd in Pastry (out of 41) and 5th in Cuisine (out of 37) and they only make mention to the top 5. I mean WHAT...CUISINE!?!?!? It was funny because people came up to my parents saying "penny always said she hated cuisine" WHO KNEW!?!?! I was shocked. My final must have kicked ass! (i have to send a shout out to my roomie liz for helping me...and for the GREAT graduation gift!!!) Well...I was amazed at myself and for that one moment I felt ontop of the world. Like I said....my own personal tony awards. I don't need anything else...and it wasn't even the placement. It was more about the fact that I wanted to come to france to get this degree and i did and no one stopped me. and it only made things better that I graduated with honors. I was pleased with myself...and my parents were also very happy! Anyway....after graduation we went to the ceremony and mingled for a while. Check out all the fabulous pictures!
After the whole shebang we went to this restaurant Pierre Gagnaire which one of my chefs had to get us a reservation because normally you book a month in advance. Google his name and see how he was nominated best chef in the world...not just paris!!! SO i had to go for my graduation dinner. Anyway, the food was amazing, the service was amazing, and to top off my AMAZING nite...Chef Pierre Gagnaire HIMSELF came out and I spoke to him (in nervous french...i was choked up!!) and he took me back in the kitchen and i got a picture with him and the head chef, Michel Nave. I was FLABERGASTED! I couldn't even speak english at that moment let alone french! It was an AMAZING nite! I got home at 12 with the biggest smile on my face ever! It was one of my biggest personal accomplishments to date with my family. I am so thankful for days like these :) And thanx to everyone for the congrats! I love you all!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

congrats! i cant wait to see you (and eat your honors quality food!)
love, leslie

Anonymous said...

we're so proud of you I cn't wait for you to explain everything you ate after graduation you did a great job luv your dress and hair aunt corrine

Nellz said...

Wow, I am so incredibly impressed with you. Congratulations, and much love all the way from Virginia!