Thursday, August 2, 2007

August 2, 2007

Another long day! At 8:30 I had a CD. We cooked the sea bass. Kaili and Melissa didn't come to class today so it was just Katie and I. It was good. We had a nice chat! Class went smooth. We were done at 10:10. I did well. Chef said my jus was very tasty, my fish was cooked well, and my plate looked good. He did show me some tips to plate it differently and how to put my lemon so the spinach wasn't too sour. However, i LOVED my spinach! It was the only thing I ate off my plate :)

After class I checked my email, and then decided I was REALLY bored so I went into Liz's class (basic pastry) and watched Chef make pear charlotte and bolstock! two VERY yummy things! I chatted with ben for a while and chef and it was nice. During my break, I hung out with Manuel and Rodolfo at the Chinese restaurant while they ate (and I ate Rod's shrimp tails!) At 12:30 we had PD. We learned pastillage...BORING! He made a hat. That's pretty much it. He made some other stuff as well...but it was so boring i barely noticed :) At 3:30 we had a CD. It was my FAVORITE chef's last day. He is going on vacation to Egypt for 3 weeks. He'll be back for graduation. I'm very sad. He taught me all the plating i know :( Anyway, we learned taboulleh with shrimp, pigeon with potatoes, fava beans, and olive tapenade, and for dessert, a mint jelly with melon sorbet and melons and grapefruit. He's so good. The food was delicious!!! They brought champagne. And I made sure to give him a big hug!!!! After class I went to the gym. I didn't feel very well so i stayed only a little and then left to get some ginger ale. I came home, showered, blogged and am about to go to bed shortly.

No comments: