Thursday, August 2, 2007

August 1, 2007

First day of Aout! YAH! Wow...feels like I JUST got here. Anyway...this has been a tough week...but a very fun one! At 8:30 I started off with my second chocolate box. This one I didn't like as much. I actually used some of the chefs gelatin and made a mold the night before to use for class. Like i said in yesterday's blog I also drew out my sculpture. It didn't turn out exactly how I wanted it to, but I really liked my colors. Anyway, the chef we had said it was ok, but he showed me what else I could have done. He said my chocolate was tempered well and shiny. Later, I showed the pictures to the main chef incharge of our chocolate and he LOVED my sculpture, so I felt a little better. Enjoy the few of the MANY pictures i took!





After class I sat in the winter garden and chatted with a few people. It took me a while to get out of chocolate class because I was the assistant and there was a LOT to clean up. I also ate some food. At 12:30 we had a CP. We made the sea bream with risotto stuffed squid. We had a new chef who was young and kept winking at me! It was strange. And I probably wont see him again for a while because he was just a visiting chef...but it was just odd! Anyway...he kept hanging out in my area...hey...i hope he graded me well! :) He spoke entirely in french to me! So that was a good thing. I understood him which was even better! So he said my fish was over cooked by a minute, i could have used more seasoning, and my risotto was cooked well. He gave pretty good advice even though i can't remember it all right now :) It was good at the time! Oh...but i was REALLY bad at filleting the fish :) oops!

After that class we had one more demo. It was a CD. We learned zucchini flowers stuffed with crab meat and some REALLY gross pea things that weren't really peas! Main course was a sea bass with "french toast" crust, spinach, and a chicken jus. Dessert was chocolate beignets with a chocolate flowing center and semolina milk cream. I wasn't impressed by anything. And i couldn't wait to leave school!!!! RIght after school I left immediately to go to the movie theatre. I got there ar 6:50. I was #219 to buy my ticket. As we were walking into the movies at 7:40 there were 10 tickets left! Thank god I went early! I also stood in line for a while to get into the theatre which was good because I got a good seat! RATATOUILLE WAS AMAZING! one of my favorite movies EVER! i cried 3 times. I love it and i can't wait to see it again!!!! I think im going to go see it in french actually! It was amazing! After the movie I walked home. I went to bed around 10:30ish!

No comments: