Tuesday, July 31, 2007

July 30, 2007

This is a LONG week. 8:30 everyday! poop! So my first class today was a CP. I made the lamb roll with many different types of veggies. It was a pretty simple class. I actually don't have much to say. When I finished, chef said the only thing was my meat could have been cooked a second more. He liked everything else. I was pleased with my work.

During break I checked email, had a coffee, and talk with some people. At 12:30 we had a PP. We made chocolate boxes. I have been looking online and drawing for days what I wanted it to look like. I was pleased when I finished. Chef said he was too. He thought it was too thin and fragile, but he liked the concept a lot and thought I did nice on my detail and it was clean and shiny. He also said my chocolate was tempered well, which is the most important. So, my piece was a Picasso like work of a swan. Hopefully you can see what I could. I wanted to take it home, but since it was too fragile I couldn't. But I did take TONS of pictures...more than I am posting here. But enjoy the few that i put up!





At 3:30 we had a mtg about the internships. If you didn't go to this, you can't do an internship. However since I am not doing mine til Dec, I have time. BUT all of the paper work has to be done in french! AHHH. I'm gonna get some help on that :) After that I was PLANNING on going to the gym, but Rodolfo, Manuel and I walked for a while and eventually ended up at some restaurant for dinner. I had a great salmon sandwich. We then proceeded to walk home, with a pitstop at Haagen Daz! We got back to my house and I showed Manuel pictures of me from a LONG time ago, plus a few videos of me singing!!!! Rodolfo took a nap on the bed. At around 10 pm they left! I went to bed shortly after that. Great day!

No comments: