Friday, August 10, 2007

August 10, 2007

I went to the gym around 8ish and i couldn't finish my work out because a couple of days ago I pulled a muscle in my leg and it hurt so bad I had to leave. I came home and showered, got dressed, and drew a picture of the sugar sculpture I was going to make today. I went to school rather early for no reason! At 12:30 we made the guinea fowl with chorizo. It was SOOO tasty! Chef thought so too. It was also with a cauliflower puree with satay...even more tasty! The whole dish is outstanding! I saved it knowing i was going to need dinner at school tonite :) Chef said my sauce was good, my farce was good, my cauliflower was good, and my plating looked nice. So i think i did pretty well today!

We got done rather early so I sat with Manuel in the computer room and chatted. His class got out early from sugar design BECAUSE the fuse broke and the lamps stopped working. SO...their class moved from today to monday and our exam moved from monday to tues! So then we wondered if our class was still going to proceed...well it did! So at 3:30 we had sugar class. however the other class made a sculpture where we only PULLED sugar. We pulled from 3:30 to 6, took a break til 6:30, then pulled again til 8:15ish. I was the rebel of the group (amongst others) who chose not to wear gloves...and i now have blisters on my fingers...BIG OLE BLISTERS :) and i didn't have any product to take pictures of. Sorry :( It was a good productive class because now I know what to do and what NOT to do. It will be good for next week. But man...6 hours is a LONG time. I can't wait to see what our final is gonna be like! Sheesh! after class I went to monoprix to pick up some bleach to clean my uniform. Came home, cleaned my uniform and I'm about to go to bed pretty shortly. Doing some research for my cuisine exam! Nite all!

No comments: