Thursday, August 9, 2007

August 9, 2007

EXAM DAY! My first class was at 8:30 and it was a CP. I was the only one out of my group of friends that was there. It was nice because I had so much space to work in and I worked dilligently and fast. Everything went well. Chef said my sauce had good flavor but had a little too much acidity, probably from the wine. The gnocchi had good flavor but a minute undercooked. And my plating was beautiful but he taught me something new. When you slice meat and lay it out like I did, never put anything on top! Interesting huh?!?! But overall he said I did a great job and worked really hard today.

I then went to the gym, came home showered and left pretty quickly because I knew if I stayed home I wouldn't study! I went to school and barely studied there either :) At 3:30 we took our Cuisine written exam! It was actually the easiest one out of the basic, intermediate and superior exams! I nailed my recipe that I had to memorize (remember out of 10 they chose one!) And the rest I think i did ok on! I walked home and ate an early dinner because I didn't eat much during the day. I also talked to some people about my exam. Then eventually i got REALLY bored and decided to read some magazines. Went to bed at 10!

No comments: