Wednesday, August 8, 2007

August 8, 2007

So today was an annoying day! I woke up and was trying to move my sugar sculpture into the other room where there was no sun, and because the house was so humid...it broke :( So that was sad! I then went to school and at 8:30 I had a CD. We made the Lamb in bread with artichoke puree. My jus was horrible...according to me. Chef said it just needed some salt. But whatever. He said my meat could have been cooked a second longer. But I disagreed. He said my bread was good (that was the part I did), Kaili did the artichoke puree. He like that as well. I also did the bread design by myself on top of my plating! It was fun!!!
\
After class I went to the gym, came home showered, and went right back to school. At 3:30 we had the demo we've all been waiting for. The unimportant thing was that we learned corn galette with cep mushrooms and figs in a vierge sauce, Guinea Fowl stuffed with a chorizo and masarcpone stuffing with asparagus wrapped in bacon, and figs with a mascarpone meringue. Food was AMAZING today and we had a basic chef! But he rocks! Anyway, the IMPORTANT part of the demo was we got our basket for our exam!!!!! Ok...so a brief explaination of how it works. We have to make 4 identical plates in 4 hours. 1 main part, which is fish, and 3 sides. (1 simple, 1 composed and 1 farce). On the day of the exam we have to turn in a colored picture drawn by us, as well as the ingredients, the name, and the process of our dish IN FRENCH :) We were given a list of foods. There are 4 ingredients on the list that we HAVE to use and then the rest are upto us. If anyone is REALLY good at food combinations PLEASE contact me so I can give you a list of my foods and you can help me :) So that proccupied the rest of my day, night, and LIFE!!!! After that I came home and was so focused on that I couldn't do much. I barely studied for my exam. I barely ate dinner. I barely did anything. Eventually I fell asleep dreaming of different plates that I could do :)

No comments: