Tuesday, August 7, 2007

August 7, 2007

I woke up at 7:45 and went to the gym. I studied a bit a the gym. I always get my best studying done there. And I had a really good workout! I then came home and got dressed and talked to some friends online. At 12:30 I had a CD (i haven't even had the practical for the last demo yet!!!) We learned vichy (chilled leek and potato cream soup), rumpsteak with baby artichokes, and cherries in a ginger syrup with vanilla bean ice cream. All were pretty tasty! After class we pretty much went right into PP which was sugar!!! For me it was pretty easy cause I've done it before. However it's been so long I didn't remember what I was doing and it's pretty much luck of the draw, not to mention the weather plays a HUGE role! Anyway, I only had to my sugar once and it came out great! Chef wanted me to take a picture of the class to show what class should NOT look like :) we were very unorganized today!

I was very proud of my work today. It wasn't what I planned on doing, but it came out really well. So that's all that matters. Chef said it was shiny and clean and then he started to pull it apart! I was like NOOO!!! he said he wanted to see how well I stuck it together. So it obviously came apart. So I had to restick it. But atleast it didn't break! He said i worked clean and organized. And my sugar came out nice. Enjoy the pics!






After class Manuel was leaving at the same time so I begged him to walk me home. He held my bag and I held my sugar piece :) As we walked home we stopped for a flute gana and then i saw my cheese shop opened up! so we stopped for cheese! So i made it home and had a great baguette and cheese for dinner! YUM! I then organized my life and now...who knows. But i'm signing off. It's been a long thinking day and I dont wanna sit at the computer anymore! Suprisingly enough!!! Niters!

No comments: