Tuesday, August 7, 2007

August 6, 2007

Start of an annoying week...with a final thrown in there! So my first class at 8:30 was a CP. We made the pigeon. It was a pretty easy class. We had a chef we hadn't had in a long time. He is really helpful though. He showed us how to turn mushrooms and it wasn't even on this dish! Anyway, he said my jus was good, but it needed a little more salt...not much though. My pigeon could have been could 2 minutes less. And my presentation looked nice. My potatoes and beans were perfect. He also said I worked very clean and organized which is VERY important to them at school.

We got out SOOO early, so Kaili and I went to Monoprix. She bought a fan and I got lightbulbs. I then went back to school (it was raining) and I chatted with people. At 12:30 we had PD. We watched the chef pull sugar for 3 hours straight...and he went the ENTIRE time. He went til exactly 3:30!!!! We started our next class, CD, at 3:45! In that class we learned green asparagus with an asparagus puree, lamb wrapped in a dough with artichoke puree, and a mango and pineapple chutney with avacado sorbet. At my old school we made avacado ice cream which I thought had more flavor than the sorbet...but it was still outstanding! After school I went to the grocery store to stock my fridge and then came home. Ate dinner, and tried to study. But I did laundry, and cleaned my room. THEN i started to play email tag with a friend i just found out is coming to Paris next week...so i got all excited that I couldn't study! I went to bed around 10ish.

No comments: