Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Aug 14, 2007

Today was a long and fun day! I woke up at 6 (earlier than normal!) and I got dressed really quickly, and left really quickly! I made a stop at the bakery, picked up breakfast, and went to a coffee shop by school, plopped down, got a coffee and began my studies yet again. I then went to school at 7:45 to get changed. At 8:30 I had more sugar pulling. Almost every blog is going to be about sugar pulling from now on :) Anyway...I already had broken blisters on my fingers, and my gloves broke two times (i bought new ones that sorta fit my fingers and were disposable and cheap!) But my pulling was getting better according to the chef. And I actually managed to make a rose today to take a picture for my readers :) Chef showed me yet another technique to strengthen my rose making ability. So i think I may be able to master this by the time we are done with sugar. I still have 12 more hours to go before my exam :) But I didn't do horrible...but my fingers are in a horrible state!!!



After class I decided to skip out on my NASTY practical and go to the gym then come home and study some more. I went to the post office on my way to school, then studied some more at school. At 3:30 we had our exam. It wasn't horrible. I blanked on the word redcurrants and put raspberries instead. And i missed some other things on that section...but that's only worth 1% of the whole exam. So oh well. And my favorite question on the exam was this...and I KNOW you can all answer this correctly (you are NOT allowed to do research...do process of elimination and I PROMISE you will get the answer right): Who invented cocoa powder?
a) Nestle b) Cadburry c) Johannes Van Houton d) Pouilane (which happens to be a bread company out here)
Ok go...EASY...it's not nestle or cadburry...those are chocolate companies. and it's not the bread company. SO you pick the one guy you've never heard of. DUH! so i reaseached the answer when i got home and it was right. I just laughed at that question on the test...it was so easy!!!! Anyway, I came home after school and I organized myself, read a magazine to relax, and then at 6 pm I left my house and walked to Dzintra's (pronounced Zentra). We were having movie night and dim sum with some people from LCB. It was SOOO much fun! I was with people who i don't normally go out with and it was a BLAST!!!! The dim sum was the spiciest thing i've EVER eaten!!!! it was amazing! And we watched the movie Deux Freres (two brothers) which has to be one of the most gorgeous movies ever....about two tigers who seperate and then find each other again! And they used real tigers! It was great! I left around 12 with the rest of the folk. I went to bed at 1. GREAT day!!! And I am pretty much done with school. Now I just need to make some cuisine dish, and some sugar sculpture and I'm done!!!!

No comments: