Wednesday, May 2, 2007

May 2, 2007

I woke up on the wrong side of the bed today. I woke up, got dressed and got back into bed til I had to leave. Just one of those days. I had a PD at 8:30. We learned the Plaisir. It was ok. It was joconde, chocolate mousse and vanilla cream. Everything we've already done before in a different way. Get's rather boring! But taste good. Then during break I made a dr appt and sat outside and talked to some people. I'm fine...well i think I am. Just a pain in my foot that I better check out before I continue working out like I do and standing at school daily :) Then at 12:30 we had a CD. We learned Pig Trotters (thats the foot) with foie gras and veggies on toast, Stuffed Cabbage (the basis of intermediate cuisine!!!), and a strawberry soup and sweet flan!!!! I ate it all...can't say I loved it...but it tasted ok. Then at 3:30 I made the stuffed cabbage. Today I just worked. Worked it out. Except for my turned veggies. I really need to do some homework on those! But other than that...i knocked the crap out of that recipe. I had my stuff in and out of the oven like nobodies business!!! Anyway...chef had NOTHING bad to say. He said all my veggies were cooked perfectly, my jus tasted good, my cabbage and farce were cooked well and he even commended me and said I was a great student for cutting it for my presentation. Most students didn't do that. So i think i got bonus points ;) However...I need to work on my turning!!! But overall i did a great job today!

As I was walking home I ran into Alex so we ran to the grocery store together cause he needed some things and i needed batteries for my toothbrush. Then I came home and made myself dinner and am about to go do some homework and read and get a GOOD nights sleep! LONG day tomorrow. au revoir

No comments: