Thursday, May 3, 2007

May 3, 2007

In the morning I got to wake up at 9 am because I didn't have class til 12:30 today :) I made a pitstop at Carettes to get some Macarons for class (the banana passion fruit ones are amongst the favorites of my friends!) and then went to the dr. He said I have tendonitis in my foot. No gym for atleast a week, new tennis shoes, and medicine orally and topically. How fun. So I've been gimping for a while now and it didn't help that the dr put pressure on it...BUT atleast now I know why i have pain. So hopefully that will heal soon. Then I went to school for my 12:30 CD. We learned braised beef with olives, tuna carpaccio with tomato, olive and basil and other fun stuff over a puff pastry (i think my favorite dish that we EVER make!!!!! AMAZING!), and a tuile with a lemon emulsion. My roomate brought home that tuna dish last trimester and I've been looking forward to this the ENTIRE time!!!! So i can't wait to make it. After class, we had a break but during break there was a guest pastry chef so I went to pass the time by. He made some wonderful dishes. A shortbread with strawberries and rhubarb with a strawberry sorbet and strawberry tuile, a pink wine jelly with raspberries and rasberry coulis with a mint sorbet and an orange tuile and a chocolate millefeuille with chocolate cream and a cocoa bean tuile and white chocolate ice cream. All very tasty. He works at a Michelin starred restaurant...so needless to say, he did a great job! Then at 6:30 we had PP. We made the Plaisir. Well..it wasn't my day. My mousse was HORRIBLE the first time. Too cold. Notice i said first time. I had to start from scratch and make it over again. Oh well. I still finished on time and managed to do well in the end. Chef poured my mousse in my cake for me and poured too much so my layers are uneven. He apologized. I didn't care because I wasn't taking it home. Although I liked the vanilla cream MUCH better than the chocolate, so if i DID eat it, i would have been upset. But otherwise Chef was impressed with how much better my piping skills have gotten :) We didn't have to pipe, but I'm practicing every change I get!!!! Overall I guess I was pleased with it. Melissa took it home for her aunt's dinner party.


Then at 9 I walked home and took my medicine the dr gave me which has made me drowsy and I'm ready to pass out!!!!!

No comments: