Tuesday, May 22, 2007

May 22, 2007

And yet another long day, but not as bad. Gym in the morning as usual and as I came back I caught Liz in the door with her luggage! Perfect timing. I came in and got dressed and then we went to the bank to make an appt for tomorrow. Then I picked up a sandwich for school then took her to school to figure out her carte de sejour stuff. Then at 12:30 I had a CD. We learned some sea bass and shellfish salad, veal orloff, and a rasberry tart. The tart was good ;) ha! Chef, for the first time, got done at 2:30. I mean, this is the SLOW chef...so even HE was shocked! So i got to relax for a bit. Then at 3:30 we had CP. We made the veal orloff. It consisted of veal, soubise puree (nasty crap...that's what i say!), mushroom puree, potatoes, and mornay sauce. Well...besides the fact that i COMPLETELY forgot to season my mornay sauce and then chef told me to throw some salt on the top of it and i OVER salted...everything else seemed to be fine :) Good cook on everything and salted everything else well..and my sauce actually had good consistency! Finally man! I liked my plating as well ;)

We got out of class at 5:30 and I went with my friends to have a beer...but I was very dehydrated...so no beer for me! Then at 7 we had wine class. Last one before the test next week! SO many tests so little time! Then at 9 I came home and saw Liz waiting outside for me. She gets keys tomorrow :) I tried to help her with internet...we can't get it yet. She has windows vista and the french don't seem to like it :) anyway...gotta go study for a bit and then to bed! au revoir

No comments: