Saturday, March 3, 2007

March 2, 2007

And yet another great day in Paris! I woke up early as usual, but didn't have school early! I had a 10 am dr. appt...nothing big...just checking out a little rash I had, which had practically gone away since i had made the appt! He was a very nice guy and spoke PERFECT english. He is from Ireland and his last name is Slattery...brought back memories! We talked more about pastries than dr stuff! He sent me to where HE thought were the best macarons! So after my appt, i went to office depot to buy some stuff and send a fax. Then I went to the dr's suggestion called Carette. They were pretty good, ESPECIALLY the butterscotch one. I hadn't walked that area much, so I was seeing new things I hadn't seen yet. It was very pretty. Then I met up with Katie over near Bon Marche and we first went to La Maison du Chocolat which is supposed to have the best chocolate, but Katie begs to differ ;) However, they are also said to have the best chocolate and caramel eclairs. So I got a caramel one...i took one bite...amazing! Then we walked to a restaurant where I want to have dinner for my birthday and made reservations. It's gorgeous. That's all I'll say for now :) Then we walked to Pierre Herme which is where Katie thinks the best chocolate is from! So she got some chocolate which she has been craving! I'm glad i could be of assistance in times of need ;) Then unfortunately we had to walk back to school cause we had a PD. Atleast it was at 3:30, it was ONLY a demo and it was pastry! So we learned a Pistachio Ganache log, and a Genoa cake. Both pretty tasty. However the ganache overpowered the pistachio so all you could taste was chocolate. THEN...we trekked over to what is said to be the best mexican restaurant in Paris, Anahuacalli! It's in the 5th and it was pretty damn good! I had 2 glasses of margaritas, i ordered an appetizer for the table, and then I had a chicken burrito. Pretty good food! I'd go back...often actually. Oh and chips, salsa, and guacamole!!! yummers. And i tried nopalitas, which is cactus, for the first time! That stuff is GREAT! I hear it's great for pregnant woman. no worries...not prego!

Rick, Melissa L., Lauren, and Kaili

Ana Victoria, Katie and Melissa A.

Jackson, Trephene and Ben

Then entire dinner crew (minus Ana Victoria who was sweet enough to take the picture and Katie who couldn't squeeze in!!!)
Then after dinner people went out, but I came home and studied for about 2 hours then went to bed :)

No comments: