Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Feb 28, 2007

Wow....Feb flew by! Anyway, woke up and felt much better today. However I still sound like a man ;) Well my first class was a CD at 8:30. We learned a hot fish terrine (which made me gag!!!), scrambled eggs with smoked salmon (look...if all else fails i can come home and make scrambled eggs...the FRENCH way!!!), and a bavarian cream dessert with coffee sauce. If I didn't get near that fish thing class would have been good...but it got in my way of everything! Yucko! Then during break, Trephene and I went to the Daily Monop and I got a sandwich and orange and we sat and talked about life :) Came back and had class at 12:30 which was a PD. We learned MORE puff pastry! This time it was a Pithivier, Dartois and Puff Pastry Twists. He also made some extra thing that was supposed to look like whole wheat dough...and it did for the most part, and an apricot tart. All i know is that EVERYTHING had WAY too much almond cream in it! But it was still good! duh. Then, as usual, he ran class to the last minute and i had to get ready for my PP which was making the Pithivier (Three Kings Cake) and the twists. Class was fine except the chef was a bit uptight today. He kept getting mad when Kaili and I were talking. He also had an issue with americans liking cinnamon?!?! Anyway, he said my cake was very clean. I was actually very impressed with how well i did today because before i baked it, it looked like ass. But when it came out of the oven it didn't look half bad! So i'm happy. He said good work today even though he scolded me for talking!


Then after class I came home and I studied once again because I realized my first exam is tuesday already! AHHHH not ready! but i will be...as usual! Penny the Procrastinator WILL pull through! Then off to bed ;)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hola, Pretty

the food looks yummy, and happy that your having a blast. Love the hair!!!

Cindy