Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Feb 27, 2007

Well I woke up this morning feeling a little better. I took just what the chef ordered and it worked! No more listening to drs! listen to chefs :) Well I tried to sleep as late as I could, but I slept til 8:30, woke up ate breakfast, then got back into bed til 10. Got up showered, got dressed, did some research and stuff around the house, laundry, cleaning up, and didn't leave my house til 12:45 or so. As I was walkin to the coffee shop near school, which I was planning on going to to eat some lunch and read my paris guide, I ran into Katie. She said it was closed. So we picked a restaurant to go to. I had a GREAT sandwich and she had a cup of coffee. Then we left and we had 3:30 CP. We made the tarragon chicken. Since I was quite drowsy the day before and drugged up I didn't pay much attention in class, so I was pretty lost in practical today. I really couldn't understand how to cut a chicken into 8 pieces. So chef showed me how. I felt really bad, but I just couldn't get it. Oh well. And my turned vegetables...NOT so hot today :) My sauce though...very good. Chicken cooked well. And that was that.

After class I came home, had a craving for a baguette...ate half of a REALLY crappy one and YES, I studied. I think so far I have studied more for this exam that I ever did in college. So that says a lot to me! However I don't feel prepared yet. I think they are trying to freak us out. So i'll work my ass off. For me, it's not about the grades...it's about if i'm learning. NO ONE is gonna see my cooking/baking report card...only I will be the judge of how much i learned! So i better get "crack-a-lackin" as Katie would put it!!! Then to bed at a decent hour.

No comments: