Thursday, March 1, 2007

deux mois

Today marks the day that i've been here for two months! So MANY good things happened. Well I woke up at 8 am...obviously you can tell not early enough to make it to my 8:30 class. I did that on purpose. I know...bad kid! But we were making the fish terrine and I thought I may spew on the class if I had to make that! Since I hadn't had any food in my house for over a week because I was sick and my market was today I thought it would be a good excuse to miss class and go to the market! SO i did just that! Shopped til I dropped for YUMMY, healthy food! Then I came home and saw my internet was working...except when I put in the code it didn't work. So i waited til Madame woke up and she called Orange for me and we worked it out and NOW I HAVE INTERNET! YAH!!!! it only took 2 months! hahah. So then I made myself some good lunch and walked to school. At 12:30 we had CD. We learned Sea Bream Fillets and fennel, Guinea Fowl with cabbage, and Pears in fried puff pastry. Not a bad tasting day if i say so. I actually ate smoked bacon and smokes sausage and liked them both! shocking huh?!?! Then at 3:30 we made the Sea Bream. However, class started late because the class before us was baking bread! YUMMO! So we ended promptly at 6 today. It was pretty easy though. However, cutting fennel is not that easy. Pretty tricky actually! And I'm still not the best at filleting a fish...BUT getting better. At the end, chef said my sauce was perfect, fish was cooked perfectly but the fennel was a bit salty. And when I tasted it again i was like...OMG it's WAY too salty...he said just a little. But over all, he gave me a high five. So to him that means way to go all around. I've never had sea bream before...but it wasn't bad.

After class I came home and felt daring! So i made myself dinner!!! I used the left over chicken I had from school a few days ago and made myself some chicken salad. I put it ontop of tomatoes and my roomate brought home some of her baguette that she made and Voila! Great dinner! And great end to the day. Talked to my roomie for a while, talked to Kaili online, looked at my french terms, and figured out my schedule for tomorrow! Going to bed!

No comments: