Saturday, January 6, 2007

Jan 5, 2007

First real day of school! I woke up at 6:30 cause I had to get something photo copied. Well nothing is open early here like it is at home. So i got myself a croissant and got to school by 7:45. I got into uniform and was at my first demonstration by 8:30 am! We recieved our recipe book and watched how to make rustic veggie soup. (which had lardons in it. yuck) Then at 11:30 we had an hr break, but I had my carte de sejour (long term visa) mtg. Then at 12:30 we had pastry demo. We learned almost 10 mini recipes for small things such as marzipan and fondant. Then we got out early at 2, (usually 3:30) which will never happen again! Sat and talked to classmates. Then at 3:30 went to practical to make the soup we learned! My soup was said to have not enough salt and the potatoes were 5 min over cooked.
But hey, i have NEVER cooked before so YAH ME! Then we go out early again like 6, (usually 6:30) I met my roomie and we walked home. I bought a baguette to eat with my soup. Came home ate soup, talked on the phone, my roomie had a friend over then went to bed!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thats some good looking stew.