Saturday, January 6, 2007

Jan 2, 2007

Move in day!!!! I woke up at 9ish and went to have breakfast in my mini hotel lobby....like the size of my bedroom! I ate half a croissant and a cup of coffee. I was so nervous i couldn't eat. Well I couldn't get intouch with Atome (the housing people) and I didn't have Mme Pariset's number so I didn't know how I was getting to her house. I looked up her phone number and called. It was wrong! I called my mom again at 3 am for the number and I called that number...WRONG AGAIN! I kept calling Atome but no go! Well after a few hrs I figured I did know the right address so I would find where that was hopefully go over there. I couldn't shower in the hotel because stupid me brought everything i needed to France EXCEPT an adapter for the wall for my blowdryer!!!! who knew that the plugs were different...oh...everyone but me!!!! Anyway...Mme Pariset's house was 5 min walk from the hotel. So the woman at the desk printed directions and I was on my way. Well, it started raining again!!! and I started crying again because i was LOST! Well I finally found the place because the cutest french grandma grabbed my arm and practically dragged me there! I get there and the name Pariset is NOT on the door! I'm freaking! I see a sign Guardien. I assume that means guard and I see he is leaving his office. I ask him if he speaks english and as most, he says no. I tell him I'm looking for Mme Pariset. He points me to her building but I say her name isn't there. He opens the door for me and shows me which is her door. I knock and i'm sopping wet! She opens the door and I start crying again and I give her a hug and the traditional double kiss. She's speaking french. Now at first i though she was doing this to make me speak my french. Later on I realize she spoke no english. I mean my French was better than her english...and those who know me, know my french is weak! Well, her and her son were eating lunch. I couldn't eat. I felt sick. Anyway, we sat around for a while til we finally went to the hotel to get my luggage (in her mercedes!) I bring it back to her place. I ask her about the internet. She says she doesn't have it and she calls Atome. Atome apologizes for not helping me this morning. Whatever. So Mme takes me to this place called Cite Universitare. (it's also raining outside again and I don't have my umbrella!) It's a place for international students to do everything including speak to english speaking people! Well I needed a cell phone and a bank account. We went there and they practically laughed at me b/c I was so helpless. Anyway, we went to a bank to go get a bank account but I didn't want to open it because I knew from the second Mme ONLY spoke french I couldn't be there. My room was also an armpit! For those of u who saw my Freemont room, it was the same size if not smaller! Anyway, we didn't open an account cause I said I wanted to wait for school to open. Then we came home. We sat and watched some movie in French. I think I called Jacqui to complain also. I called mom finally. I sat there freezing. Mme doesn't turn the heat on so it was so cold in her house. Anyway, I hadn't eaten all day so I was looking forward to dinner! Well...dinner time...oysters cold, bread, butter, PORK, peas and carrots (my two most hated veggies) fromage (cheese!), and dessert was an apricot applesauce! ew. I'm supposed to be a vegetarian but even if i'm not...i still do not eat pork...never have...but i had to force it down with a smile. You can better believe i called my mom to complain about that! Well at around 9 pm we went to the washroom so she could give me a towel. I pointed to my hair, meaning could I have a hair towel. She looked at her watch and said to me in French that I could take a shower because it was too late! I mean what?!?! NO ONE tells me what time i can or can't shower! Oh...and she insists on doing my laundry everyday and she won't let me do it! what? Then she said tomorrow she would walk me to Le Cordon Bleu. I asked her what time breakfast was...7 am. YUCK! I didn't have to be up for anything...except breakfast. Well I went to bed after i hit my head on the ledge and now i have a big bump and bruise on my head!

No comments: