Saturday, January 6, 2007

Jan 3, 2007

I woke up at 7 at her command, brushed my teeth...yada yada and made it to breakfast at 7:25 or so. Well, I at a piece of toast and the way they drink their coffee...crazy...in cereal bowls! I could barely finish my bowl. I felt sick and still nervous. Then when breakfast was over Mme opened the window to decrumb the table cloth and left the window open cause she was hot...but it was freezing in the house!!! I went back to bed til about 10 after calling Jacqui and saying I had to get out of there. When I woke up I was so miserable I had to do something. I called Atome saying I needed to leave this house. They weren't there as usual. The language barrier was just to much for me. I called this woman who I had emailed a while back about independant housing. ok....i am turning this LONG story into a very short one. She showed me 2 places. One studio and one swanky flat with an English roomate (who i didn't meet) who also attends LCB. I had my parents western union me money. I called Atome's cell phone and finally got ahold of them. I told them not only was the language a problem for me, but i needed more independance after 25 years of living with my folks (nothing against u mom and dad!) and I didn't want to come home to struggles after working so hard at school. They didn't like it but they had to accept. I went to Mme's house and she said to me in French things would work out. I tried to tell her my problem, but I got so frustrated I started to cry again!!!! Anyway, I packed my bags and at 5:30 pm I left to move to my new apt! (oh i forgot to mention I stepped in dogshit earlier that day! horrible!) another horrible story. I arrived at #16 and I think I was suppossed to be at #5. Well the landlord inside, very nice lady, who saw me struggling with 4 pieces of luggage tried to talk to me...but i couldnt explain. She let me use her phone. I called to make sure it was # 5 and it was. Well this landlord put on her coat and walked me over to my new place! So nice. Then my new landlord helped me up the elevator. Barbara, the person who helped me rent the place, came over. I signed the papers, gave her money and voila! I have a new place :) Belinda came home and was so confused (she didnt know she was getting a flat mate!) Well she is fabulous! She is from England and she rocks! She is also do Le Gran Diplome, but she started last semester so she is in the intermediate course right now so she is ahead of me which is great. So we sat up and talked for a whole about school and then i went to bed!

1 comment:

Alan Weintraub said...

Hi Pen,
Looks as though your living a surreal experiencxe so far. The pictures were great. I know that this will turn out to be the turning point in your career.
Have a great week!
Love,
Uncle Alan