Saturday, December 8, 2007

Special Blog!

So...it took me a week...maybe less...but I figured out why I like theatre as a job compared to anything else and what about it I will ALWAYS miss no matter what i do in life and how much I love it.

When you rehearse a show...each day you rehearse a new scene. Yah maybe you rehearse the same one you did before, but you will still do a new one or put two together til you get it right...and in that you add new pieces to it to get it right. In the same context...EVERY NIGHT you perform for a different audience...so they don't know what they are getting...and you can always throw in a new delivery of a line or an action of the way your body moves. Also...every 3 months I was changing scenery and friends and shows (ok...if i was famous that wouldn't be happening...but still) In NO other job can you be as different from day to day as you are in theatre. I love to bake...don't get me wrong. I am LOVING work...but i am bored. Croissant and Pain au Chocolat are HARD! and you can't perfect them until you do them EVERYDAY...same with lining a tart ring...but who wants to do that DAY AFTER DAY!??! obviously the people I work with. I asked one girl if she liked doing the same thing everyday and her response was "yes...it's my job" SO who cares if it's your job...its BORING!!!!!!! Atleast with theatre to get good at it...you don't have to reapeat the same monologue over and over again til you are good...you change your repetoire! That's what's missing in EVERY JOB out there! CHANGE! I'm gonna miss that. I think that will be a perk about working in a restaurant (or owning my own!) that atleast when you plate a dessert, you have some creativity behind it and you can switch it up often...OR specials are introduced weekly or monthly. Don't get me wrong...Boring does not equal not liking! But yes...i am bored...and it's only been a week! BUT...i will come out of this smarter, more talented, and definately have more of an appreciation for bakers!

Thanx for listening to me. I will always have a passion for theatre...but sorry....baking is a LOT harder and I think the challenge is what is going to keep me moving ;) I will succeed. Give me time...you just watch!

No comments: