Friday, December 7, 2007

Happy Hannukah?

Yes...I put a question mark. I don't feel like it's hannukah. Maybe it's Paris? Maybe it's me? I don't know. It's weird. I mean...yah I don't get presents like normal...but I don't think that's it. I think it's that I don't hear someone wishing me a happy hannukah everyday or that there aren't menorahs everywhere I walk. It kinda depresses me :( When I mention to someone it's hannukah they say..."oh yah...happy hannukah" like it's an afterthought. Sad day. It actaually doesn't feel very christmassy either. I think that's the lack of being in chicago with the lights and the snow. They have lights here and trees and stuff...but i miss the music blasting and the jollyness of people...here NOT so much! Oh well.

Anyway...work on thur was good. Chef wasn't there and neither was the girl who speaks english...and you know what? I liked work better! hahaha. I spoke a lot of french and i managed quite well. At the end of the day a girl came up to me and asked me (in french) my age and if i was single. I was thinking- one of the guys must have put her up to this!!! It was funny. Then the rest of the afternoon turned into an age game with me. I made everyone guess how old I was. The consensus...19!!! do I really look THAT young?!?! They were in shock when I told them my real age! It was funny. I met a 16 yr old...I'm 10 years older than him! CRAZY! There was an 18 yr old, 20 yrs, 33, 24, 28, and various others that I didn't find out. So i'm in between. But wow! Some are YOUNG! Some went to school before. I actually managed to talk to these people in french! it was cool! I did a lot of the same stuff today as I did before. However...I lined about 150 tarts today. Yes...no joke. Everyone kept asking me "ca va?" I gave them that penny cheesy smile and said "OUI!" OY! it was rough! By 3:30 i was READY to go home! However...I think today was the first day I made friends...maybe because chef wasn't there!

Then I had a day off! I went to the gym because Seb (my trainer) said he was going to check up on me! hahah. Then i came home and made an AMAZING lunch! Then i went to LCB to get some things done and eventually I came home and met up with my new roomate starting in Jan whose name is Asima! We chatted for a while. Now, I'm getting ready for bed!

I know I said I wasn't going to blog everyday...but right now I feel kinda compelled to. I am sure it will die down when my job become tedious. But for now...enjoy :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

how mant stagieres do you have? and are they all in pastry ? again happy hannukah. we saw craig the other day and he is doing well. i think rather i know he is tired like you. the cooking /restaurant business is very hard love you aunt ccorrine

Haute Sucre said...

Happy Hannukah! ;-)