Saturday, December 8, 2007

Saturday work SUX!

Yes...that's right. well...maybe I just had a bad day. I found out some things. 1) schedules get posted on friday...I had my day off friday so I found it out today...Same as this week (6-3:30) but my days off are monday and wed...sucky!!! 2) pay days are saturdays...poop...i don't get paid. 3) REALLY BUSY! everyone is busting a nut...so people are running around and MUCH more yelling (ie; getting introuble- including me).

So...I'm going to break it down for you...I lined tarts- approximately 200 if not more. Cleaned mini tarlets by hand...approx 400. Cracked eggs...oh this is a fun one! I don't know exactly- but I'll let you do some math. If a yolk weighs approx 20 grams and a white weighs approx 30 grams...i had to measure one batch of 3 kilos of yolks and THEN i had to measure 6.5 kilos of whole eggs. Thats a LOTS of eggs. i mean A LOT! (plus a lot of broken ones) I also made 6 different kinds of doughs (with some help from my friend Florian-he wants to speak more english...so it's fun!). In anycase...during the day I managed to get reprimanded a few times for my stupidity and/or just doing things wrong! HEY it's still only my 4th day...do they not get that...or do they just NOT CARE?!?!? Well...Lunch rolled by because we were so busy that I didn't get to eat til 3 pm. At that time i took maybe two bites of my cold meat and tossed it in the trash. And you BET at 3:30 I peaced out of there! I was so ready to be home!!!! However...during my morning coffee delivery round...I met some new people who loved the fact that I was from chi and asked me if i knew the chicago bulls and charlie trotter! it was funny! However...I think working here is going to be tough. I will survive!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: