Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Joyeux Noel!

Well...i waited to post this til my two overnight shifts were done! So here goes. (plus there is a GREAT slideshow at the end!!!!)

Ok...so sunday night I woke up at 6 pm and walked to work to get there at 8 pm! almost NO one was there! It looked like it was going to be pretty tranquil! Well...NO ONE was working who spoke english and me and Maki (u will see the pics) were the only girls!!! Otherwise the rest were boys! But my french and I managed! It was actually a ton of fun! I started out putting a TON of frozen salty petits fours on baking sheets and then we baked them and then I had to rearrange them onto plaques. (like i said...you can see PLENTY of pictures) When we had downtime or I got bored...I made coffee as usual or took pictures of the bakery so you could see where I work! Chef wasn't there and neither were too many people so I didn't feel bad about snapping shots! At around 1 am a few more people came in. Then at 4 a few more came in. It was around then when I first started to get hungry...but tired...NO WAY! At 6 am when I was supposed to be done (i was working on buchettes at this time) they asked if I could stay! And you know how I can't say no! hahaha. So I stayed til around 7:20ish. So...i worked from 8pm-7:20 am and not ONCE did i stop and take a break! WOW...first experience for me...and i love EVERY MINUTE OF IT! Then I came home and at 8 am I went to bed and slept til around 6ish! I woke up and then did a whole bunch of crap. I did some laundry, read a magazine, talked to some folks online/on the phone, sent emails...blah blah blah. Then at 12ish I went to work. I met up with boy # B and we chatted for a while before work started at 1 am! Then I went into work and because it was xmas- boy B brought Champagne...so he poured us a glass and we toasted...too sweet! There wasn't much work for me so I walked around for a while, learned how to make bread, then eventually I made some prune tarts. Then eventually at 4 am I got to do some work. I made a few pots of coffee and then at 4ish I did apples again as usual and then buchettes :) Then at 6:30 I was done (overtime again!) But chef came over and looked at my stuff and kinda shook his head. I knew there was NO way I could stay today. Even when I first walked in, chef said to me I wasn't smiling...I was..just not at that moment. And at work...I am known as the girl who NEVER stops smiling...YES YOU HEARD ME RIGHT! i can't help it...i love my job :) anyway...so i went home. I was supposed to end at 6 and i stayed 30 min later but i still felt bad leaving when everyone else was staying on xmas working their asses off. But i went home and at 7:30 I went to bed til 2:30ish. I forced myself to wake up because I wanted to get back on a normal schedule! So I went to see My Blueberry Nights. GREAT movie. I've been doing good with the movies recently! I had no clue what this was about...but i loved it so much! It was a thinker...but it was good for me! Then after that I went to dinner for Pizza (the chinese places were closed! and I am supposed to have sushi on thur...so I opted for pizza). I met two really nice Australian girls so I wasn't lonely at dinner :) Then I went to starbucks for a decaf creme brulee soy latte while I read my Gourmet Magazine. And then I walked home listening to xmas music. It wasn't the most eventful of christmas' but it was a good day. And i LOVE working in a pastry shop ;) And to think a year ago i was singer...hahaha. Sweet dreams and enjoy the pictures!

No comments: