Friday, November 2, 2007

November 2, 2007

LAST day of sugar pulling. Only today we started at 8:30 and ended at 6:30. HORRIBLE! and i actually, honestly was NOT pleased with my work. Usually I say, oh i could have done better, but this piece I really hated and thought it was horrible. We worked from 8:30 to 11:30. Took the hr lunch break. Then came back and worked from 11:30 til 3 and took a 30 min break. Then from 3:30 til 6ish we worked our butts off to put it together. I definately broke some of my pieces but managed to put most of my good stuff on my sculpture. I'm pretty embarassed about my sculpture but I'll post it anyway. No average joe could do it, so I guess I can give myself credit for that!




Anyway...it was the longest day! After class Liz and I went grocery shopping! STUPID! We bought so much and the normal 10 min walk took us 40 min because we had SOOOO much we had to stop every block to put it down because our hands hurt so much! Eventually we made it up 4 flights of stairs when our neighbor below us came and rescued us! he brought up the bags for us! Only 2 flights...but SOOO nice. Then Alex came over to say his goodbyes (he is moving to australia on the 6th) and we ordered pizza for dinner and just relaxed. Then he left and i got emotional because he was my first friend here. Then I went to bed around 10:30.

No comments: