Thursday, November 1, 2007

Halloween!

So, as you should know...this is my favorite day of the year. However...being in Paris where no one celebrates it, made it a little difficult to really enjoy it! But the day got much better as it went on! I woke up at 10ish and did a little of nothing and then had the major decision of deciding on what to wear. Since i had no costume i had to improvise. Manuel bought me halloween socks, so i obviously wore those. Then I realized I had a cowboy shirt and boots...so I decided to be a cowboy. It also worked out really well because I could go out and blend in as well in a crowd and no one knew I was dressing up for halloween. However...that is SOOO unlike me! :( I wanted to be something so elaborate but I had to deal. I made a return at H and M first and then I went to sephora to pick up some things. I had them do my eye makeup...but i wanted halloween type colors or bright flashy colors. They did purple and it was lame. Anyway, they didn't have what I wanted so I had to go to the Sephora on the Champs to get what i needed. So i went over there, got my stuff and then picked up some halloween candy for class. I went to school early to send an email and then at 3:30 we had a demo in which I handed out candy! In the candy bag were these glasses, funny ones, that we made the chefs try on and I took pictures! It was rather cute.



Class was pretty boring since i had learned all of the stuff before. However the chef showed me a new flower that I was determinded to conquer and MUCH harder than a rose. Since I was pretty decent at the rose I decided that was my new goal for my new showpiece. We had a break from 6:30-7 and then from 7-9:30 we pulled more sugar. I also put on my halloween costume! Ok...well it was just my ratatouille hat! But EVERYONE loved it...including chef :)



Today chef got a big smile out of me because i made a beautiful flower and I was so proud of myself because it was a VERY hard flower!!! MUCH harder than the rose. The color is a really pretty purple. It's kinda hard to tell. Anyway, I have to make more of them on friday!


After class I walked home and picked up some wine because my friend from IU, Maria...I know WAY back...was coming over with her boyfriend! I was super pumpped. I got home and around 11 they came over. It was a so good to see Maria! We sat around drinking wine and chatting til around 2 am. Then they walked home and I crashed :)

No comments: