Tuesday, October 30, 2007

STAGE!!!!! (internship!)

So today was the day and I can finally announce that YES i have a STAGE (internship!) I had my appt this morn at 10 am! The papers are signed and I am on my way! This is very exciting for me because it's like I have a job in Paris! How many of my readers can say they worked in paris?!??! ;) heehee. So...I am working at what most consider the best boulangerie (which is not just a pastry shop...boulanger means bread maker...so its a pastry shop that makes bread too!) The place I am working ALSO makes savory products as well as my favorite, macarons, and chocolate! So I am VERY fortunate to be working there! He has two stores and I am working at what I consider the better of the two. The name of the place is Gerard Mulot. This is the website. http://www.gerard-mulot.com/ Anyway, everyone seems very nice and there are TONS of cute guys that work there! I also think I am the only stagiere which will be GREAT because I will be getting one on one attention and will learn A LOT! I also start dec 3rd (for 3 months) which means I will be working over christmas and that is a BUSY time for bakeries in france! I have NEVER been so excited for a job! It's going to be the best experience in my life to date! And i have to speak french :) YAH! SO that's my good news!

I came home (mind you...the weather has been downpour ALL day!) and i unpacked, did laundry, worked on some homework, did some photo stuff, and then took a power nap (which didn't help). At 3:30 I had my first day of sugar. BOO! It's sugar week! My most dreaded week ever. I HATE IT! luckily today we only did pastiage. But we had 2 practicals...so we pretty much did boring stuff for 6 hrs. This week we have to make a pastiage and sugar sculpture combined which is to be 30x30x55. I'm not sure if that makes sense but it's a HUGE box. I have no pictures to show you yet. Sorry. I will toward the end of the week. Anyway, I came home and crashed right when I got there. LONG weekend and I needed to catch up on sleep! But I'm a happy camper :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow, that does actually sound cool! At the moment I`m working as an aupair in Birmingham and would like to improve my french skills in Paris. So what exactly is your job? Do you think I could do an internship there as well in April 07 for 3 months? Where shall I send my application to? merry Christmas, Noelle. please write back to noelita[at]gmx.ch