Friday, October 26, 2007

October 26, 2007

Today was a VERY productive day. I woke up at 9:30 in SO much pain I could barely walk because of yesterdays training session!!! But I decided to get stuff done. So I unpacked my winter clothes and put away my summer ones. I also cleaned my room and vacuumed and did some wash. Then my friend from school who is doing her stage called and wanted to do coffee! So we met at 2 and we chatted ALL about how much she loves her stage! It made me REALLY excited!!!!!! Then at 3:30 I had school. From 3:30 til 7:15 we worked our butts off to finish all 8 cakes. And the rest of this blog is going to be really long...but here they are! enjoy! (reminder...we worked as a group...and we made about 6-7 of each cake...so i didn't make one specifically...so pictures are pretty general!)



Velour (Velvet) consists of joconde, sacher, jellied coulis, raspberry creme brulee, samba (choc) mousse, and chocolate glaze. (sprayed with choc and topped with raspberries and gold leaf)



Macaron a la rose (rose macaroon) consists of a macaroon, with a rose mousseline, rose jelly and lychees and raspberries inside.



Fleurs de neige (snow flowers) consist of chocolate croustillant streezel, creamy passion fruit, white chocolate mousse, sacher and coated with white glaze.



Cara epices et poires (Cara spice and pear) consists of gingerbread (which was more of orangebread!), pears in honey, cara vanilla cream and the sides were coated in white chocolate.



Entrements citron framboise (lemon and raspberry cake) consists of Almond cake, jellied coulis, light lemon cream, and lime zest for decoration and white chocolate squares.



Carre gourmand (literal translation- gourmet sqaure...name of cake rich chocolate cake!) consists of sacher, royal chocolate mousse, orange marmelade and crumble on top sprayed with chocolate and chocolate disks on the outside.



Caramel abricot (apricot and caramel cake) consists of chocolate crousillant streezel, sacher, creamy apricot, caramel mousse and glazed with a caramel glaze and decorated with apricots and isomalt sugar decorations.



Sable breton pistache aux fruits des bois (pistachio brittany shortbread with fruits of the forest) consists of pistachio brittany shortbread, almond cake, pistachio mousseline and on top are mixed berries with a fig ontop.


These are pictures of most of the cakes and then our class. I will be taking orders now for June...but I have to warn you...I will be charging atleast 35 dollars for each cake...if not more. The ingredients and time it takes to make one of these is A LOT! BUT they are SOOO worth it :) Hope you enjoyed this blog. For now...go buy the book "The Sharper the Knife, the Less You Cry" by Kathleen Flinn. You'll realize what I'm going through! (dad...you too!) As for me...I'm off to DISNEYLAND PARIS! I'll post on monday! TOODLES!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: